My child needs to choose a course of study in secondary education. Who can advise us?

  • The school your child is currently attending is the best judge of your child's capabilities. Talk to your child's teacher. He or she is the best person to advise you.
  • Contact the centrum voor leerlingenbegeleiding (CLB) (Pupil Guidance Centre) that collaborates with the school your child attends.
  • The VGC, in collaboration with the Dutch-speaking secondary schools, also organises a campaign for secondary education every year. The website of this campaign (in Dutch) is another invaluable source of information.
  • Keen to look into it yourself? Check out the course offer in the school guide or the school finder (in Dutch). Or go to the website (in Dutch). The CLBs created this website for pupils, parents, teachers, CLB staff....